Bliss, Balance, and Breathe

Namaste Come along with me as I discover Costa Rica and myself through yoga. I am exploring the beauty, nature, and the hidden secrets that this country has to offer.

Friday, February 18, 2011

The power of being

The other day I was watching a little boy run on the beach. He would run from end to end without ever stopping. After observing him for awhile my friend turned to me and said "what I would do if I had all that energy." After hearing that I began to think why we don't have the same amount of energy as little children and this is what I came up with. Children are allowed to just be. Their energy and hearts can be fully devoted to what they are doing in that moment. As we get older we start to direct our energy in to a million different directions from gossip, work, relationships, finances, school, children, and the list goes on. It would be so nice if we could just stop and focus only on ourselves and that moment we are in.

This is where the power of being comes into place. With a dedicated yoga practice we too can begin to focus on ourselves and for that moment our practice. Rejuvenate the soul and live in the moment. Life is like a walk on the beach when we can just be.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment